For the academic year 2018-19, the University of Hawaii at Manoa has a number of international scholarships to study undergraduate programme.
Deadline: January 15, 2018
International Student Services (ISS), as a resource to international students and the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus community, encourages and supports international students to meet their educational, professional and personal goals.
The University of Hawaii at Manoa is a public co-educational research university as well as the flagship campus of the University of Hawaii system. Founded in 1907, the University of Hawaii at Mānoa is the flagship campus of the University of Hawaii System. A destination of choice, students and faculty come from across the nation and the world to take advantage of UH Mānoa’s unique research opportunities, diverse community, nationally-ranked athletics program, and beautiful landscape. Consistently ranked a “best value” among U.S. colleges and universities, our students get a strong education.
All applicants, regardless of country of origin or citizenship status, will be required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- International Undergraduate Student Scholarship: $10,000/year (up to 4 years)
- June Chun Naughton ISS Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Kenji Yamagumi Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Dai Ho Chun Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Financial Hardship Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Outstanding International Student Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- ISS Internship Scholarship: $4,000/year
- Summer Financial Hardship Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Summer ISS Internship Scholarship: Varies ~$500-1,000
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The US and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: UH Manoa student in valid F-1 or J-1 status
- Completion of at least two semesters at UHM in the current program of study by the award semester. Continuing students who
- Have started a new program must still fulfil the two-semester requirement for that current program. Example: A student who
- Completed a UHM bachelor’s degree and enters a UHM master’s program will not be eligible for awards in his first year of the master’s program (unless he is applying for an internship).
- Full-time enrollment during award semester (12 credits undergraduate, 8 credits graduate). Exceptions: (1) when student has a “Reduced Course Load” authorization for last semester or medical reasons; and (2) for summer awards, in which part-time enrollment is allowed
- Meet GPA requirements
English Language Requirements: All applicants, regardless of country of origin or citizenship status, will be required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
How to Apply:
- You can only access the application through your HAWAII.EDU account. Do not attempt to use a regular GMAIL account.
- Apply online
- Additional directions will be provided on the application regarding the submission of other required documents (e.g., statements, budgets, recommendations).
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.