UCA International Engagement at the University of Central Arkansas is pleased to offer the International Student Mobility Scholarships (ISMS). Students must be applying for undergraduate or graduate program of study 3.0 GPA, as calculated by UCA.
Deadline: January 30, 2018
The University of Central Arkansas (often referred to as Central Arkansas or UCA) is a public research university in Conway, Arkansas. Founded in 1907 as the Arkansas State Normal School, the university is one of the oldest in the U.S. state of Arkansas.
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate or graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded
- Scholarship Award: Students awarded the International Student Mobility Scholarship are eligible for an award up to $2,500 to be awarded for the first semester of enrollment only. Awards will be applied to the recipients’ university account after verification of enrollment is completed.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Students must have completed the Admission Application process by the posted admission deadlines
Students must be applying for Undergraduate or Graduate program of study 3.0 GPA, as calculated by UCA
The following will also be used to determine English Proficiency and eligibility for this scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate students:
- ACT score of 19 or above on the English section
- SAT score of 470 or above on the Writing section
- Grade of “C” or above in English Composition I or II from an accredited U.S. university or college
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university
Citizenship (passport copy) from an exempt country
- Students who are currently or have previously been enrolled at the University of Central Arkansas are not eligible.
- Students applying for admission into the Intensive English Program only are not eligible.
- Students applying as a Visiting student are not eligible.
- Students receiving a scholarship award from another UCA department are not eligible.
English Language Requirements: In order to be eligible for this scholarship the following minimum scores on the listed English Proficiency tests are required:
- TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 450
- TOEFL internet based test (iBT) score of 45
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0
Graduate students: (These requirements are listed because a student will not be admitted to the Graduate School if they do not have these minimum scores)
- TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 550
- TOEFL internet based test (iBT) score of 79
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5
Documents required for scholarship
- Essay: An essay (250-word maximum) should be written in the English language and should describe the career goals you hope to achieve as a result of your studying at the University of Central Arkansas. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ADMISSION ESSAY AS YOUR SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY.
- Letter of Recommendation: One Letter of Recommendation is required from a teacher who knew you well and can speak to your academic performance.
How to Apply:
To apply for the International Student Mobility Scholarship, please complete the application and upload the required documents to the application.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.