Applications are invited to University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) MRI Research Centre Scholarship for up to 36 months, subject to satisfactory progression. This scholarship is open to applicants of all nationalities.
The aim of the scholarship is to help talented students who need aids to achieve their desired future.
Deadline: Open until filled.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC): The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Established in 2004, with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education, we are run by The University of Nottingham with co-operation from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the education sector in China.
Sponsor: University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) MRI Research Centre
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- on-campus accommodation for a PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability)
- Monthly stipend (RMB 3,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy applies
- In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC.
Course Level: Ph.D.
The above scholarship is to support research projects outlined under the following theme: General MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
- Applicants must have a Bachelor degree in Engineering (Major in EEE/Experimental Physics and a master degree is preferred.)
- Applicants must have first-class honour undergraduate degree or 70% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British University, 85% and above from a Chinese University or the equivalent from other institutions.
- Like Hardware, including circuit design, modelling, debugging, programming
- Proficiency with Matlab, C++
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. Please be advised that IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in any element) or its equivalent is required for FOSE Faculty scholarship.
- More details can be found on the ‘entry requirements’ page of the website
All nationalities are eligible to apply.
Duration: 3 Years
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions-at-nottingham.edu.cn by 16:00 (China time) on the closing date. All documents must be in English except the copy of Chinese national ID. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following documents (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application