Deadline: January 26, 2018
The new Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is now available for international students. The Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program is a one-year research training program with Facebook’s AI Research group, designed to give you hands-on experience of machine learning research.
The AI research residency experience is designed to prepare you for graduate programs in machine learning or to kickstart a research career in the field. This is a full-time program that cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job.
Brief About Facebook
Facebook is an American for-profit corporation and an online social media and social networking service based in Menlo Park, California. The Facebook website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg and has more than 2 billion users.
- Course Level: This is a one-year research training program.
- Study Subject: The residency is ideal preparation for applying to top graduate programs in machine learning. Exceptional performers are welcome to interview for full-time positions at Facebook.
- Scholarship Award: Residents will be paid a competitive salary.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in USA (Facebook Menlo Park and New York locations)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this program.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
- Coding experience in a general-purpose programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
- Familiarity with a deep learning platform such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI (as established for instance via publications and/or code releases).
- Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
- A strong track record of scholastic excellence.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply to the 2018 Facebook AI Residency Program, you will need to complete the application and submit the following items:
- CV/Resume (including links to GitHub, professional web pages, publications, or blog posts as applicable)
- Personal statement
- Academic grade transcript
Note: All materials must be in PDF format.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.